School sunglasses by Idol Eyes Australia
With 71 years experience in optics we have used all of our gained knowledge to make Australia’s best school sunglasses.
High Quality School Sunglasses
In conjunction with our certified mechanical engineer we have designed our school sunglasses to handle everyday use without breaking. The frames are made from premium *A-grade impact resistant polycarbonate which is super light-weight for comfort and ten times more impact resistant than plastic. (*Don’t be confused, not all polycarbonate is A-grade).
Our *unique wrap shape makes them comfortable for all students without slipping down little noses. *(Normal sunglasses are made in two distinct styles those made to fit the European head shape or those made to fit the Asian head shape. Wear the incorrect style and the sunglasses just don’t fit correctly, either to tight or to loose. Our unique wrap shape is a fusion blend that fits more students more comfortably).
For primary and high school
Made in two sizes to fit all kids, both primary and high school. Both sizes are identical, so these are a true school uniform.
School sunglasses – IE532 – small – fits (3 to 8 yr) and IE525 – large – fits (7 to 18 yr). Available in green, blue, red, black or yellow.
Buy our school sunglasses direct from the manufacturer
Parents can buy school sunglasses directly from our website. Buy Now $18.00
Frame perfection, colours and coating
Available in five standard matt colours, black, blue, red, green and yellow. Our super matt surface coating on the frames helps to absorb harmful UV radiation so it is not reflected into the eyes.
Only the best lenses
Our high impact resistant polycarbonate lenses provide 100% UV protection. That’s UVA, UVB and UVC and we only use A-grade G-15, category 3 lenses so they give maximum glare protection and are safe for all students even those who are colour blind. Note: 10% of boys and 2% of girls are colour blind and the incorrect coloured lens only compounds the problem. Unfortunately the two most commonly used lens colours in sunglasses are grey (never great for clarity and affects some colour blind kids) and brown (reasonable for clarity but useless for glare protection and adversely effects the largest number of colour blind kids).
This hammer test shows clearly the difference between our high A-grade lens and what other companies use a low quality B-grade lens or worse. The problem is these low grade lenses don’t just break easily they also cause serious eye damage. You can read all about this in our blog. Frames and lens colour whats best and why.
Easy identification plus a free case
There is a section on the sunglasses and microfibre case were parents can write their child’s name to prevent loss.
Please check out all the great features below to see why these are Australia’s favourite school sunglasses.
In Australia 1 in 7 adults over 50 years old have some form of blindness*. Worse still 70% of adults over 65 are legally blind and mainly from UV related eye diseases that are totally preventable, just by wearing good quality sunglasses from birth. (*macular degeneration, cataracts, pterygium, actinic & droplet keratites, pinguecula, etc.).
Prevention is easy
All states and federal governments suggest schools implement the wearing of sunglasses to prevent this huge human and financial cost. We know this is totally preventable just by wearing a broad-brimmed hat and good quality wrap-around sunglasses from an early age.
School sunglasses by Idol Eyes Australia have all these great features:
- Comply with and exceed the mandatory Australian / New Zealand Standard – AS/NZS 1067.1:2016. Category 3.
- Available in 2 sizes to fit all grades, (Primary and High school).
- small – “IE532” – fits (3 to 8 yr)
- large – “IE525” – fits (7 to 18 yr)
- Exactly the same shape in both models, so a true school uniform.
- Made in five standard school colours (black, blue, red, green and yellow). Even house colours.
- The matt surface coating on the frames absorbs harmful UV radiation so it is not reflected into the eyes.
- Wrap-around style with wide sides so it stops the greatest amount of UV rays from entering the eyes.
- Impact resistant polycarbonate frame and lens.
- Provide 100% UVA/B/C Protection.
- We use a CAT #3, G-15 lens colour which was originally designed for the U.S. air force as it offers the best sun glare protection and clarity with no colour distortion.
- Safe for colour blind children. *Note: 10% of boys and 2% of girls are colour blind and the incorrect colour lens compounds the problem.
- 3 year guarantee.
- Including a microfibre case with name tag, to clean and protect.
- There is a section on the frame were parents can write their child’s name.
- Can be made to order: colour, logo, school name, etc. Note: this does incur MOQ’s.
Schools can buy directly from us and receive our really low wholesale price with no MOQ’s – “no minimum order quantities”. To receive further information please email your enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IE SHD – Semi Hard case. Designed to protect your school sunglasses and to keep them clean. Made with a clip so it can be easily attached to your backpack or bag to prevent loss. Also includes a name tag.
IE SHD – Semi Hard case Buy Now $12.00
- Sunglasses cords or sports bands. We have Australia’s largest range of spectacle accessories so whatever style or colour you require we will have it. Check them out here: https://idoleyes.com.au/other-products/spectacle-accessories