WARNING, ATTENTION, WARNUNG, предупреждение, ADVARSEL
Please help save sight. Pass these messages on to family and friends with children.
At Idol Eyes Australia, we specialize in high quality baby, toddler and children’s sunglasses designed specifically to save sight from harmful UV radiation. We made the world’s first baby sunglasses in 1987. Followed that with Baby Wrapz – the first rubber framed sunglasses with a headband for babies. Then our world-famous Baby Wrapz 2 – the first convertible baby sunglasses that actually grows with your baby and includes both headbands and temples (arms). Our rubber frames are super comfortable and virtually unbreakable and we only use A-grade impact resistant (PC) polycarbonate lenses with 100% UV protection. We also have many other world firsts, like our new Premy Wrapz – the world’s first premature or preemie baby sunglasses and our legendary 3-year guarantee.
Most visitors to our website know of us for our high quality baby sunglasses but we also have a huge range of high quality kids sunglasses. In fact we have sunglasses to fit from premature baby up to late teens. Our online shop has more than 200 unique and individually different sunglasses, consisting of different models, sizes, colours and lens variations from our top sellers so you can get the perfect sunglasses for your unique kids.
Why it is so important for babies to wear sunglasses
Today we fully understand how important wearing sunglasses is for babies from birth until 10 years of age. We know that *2% to 5% of UV rays at 320nm reach the retina of children under 9 years, while none of these more dangerous UV rays reach the retina of older age groups. We known that babies are born with a limited number of chromophores in their eyes compared to adults. The chromophore is a part of the molecule that helps absorb harmful UV radiation. They prevent these UV rays from damaging the cornea, crystalline lens and the retina, which in turn helps prevent eye diseases such as cataracts, pterygium, actinic & droplet keratites, pinguecula and macular degeneration. So wearing good quality sunglasses from birth is vital. *To find out more, please read our blog, How UV rays damage young eyes.
Idol Eyes Australia is truly committed to children’s eye-care.
Idol Eyes Australia is the most trusted baby and kids sunglasses brand in the world so we make this promise to every customer, we will never compromise on quality because we know your child’s eyesight is worth it. Plus, our sunglasses will always be affordable so every child will be properly protected. The cute, trendy, awesome, spectacular or sporty “WOW” factors designed into every pair of Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses is our free bonus to make your kids look great.
We quality test all of our sunglasses
Even before production commences we stress test every part so we will be confident in our 3 year guarantee. We only use materials that will give you value for money. Then we test to all world sunglasses standards.
Would you like to know what other test we do on our sunglasses. Get all the facts in our blog: Our Testing Procedure
Idol Eyes Australia Sunglasses
- Comply with and exceed the:
- Australian / New Zealand Standard – AS/NZS 1067.1:2016
- European Standard – EN ISO 12312-1:2013+A1:2015
- USA Standard – ANSI Z80.3:2015
- Korean standard – KC
- Japanese standard – Japan labeling law on sunglasses
- Plus all other countries
- 100% UVA/B/C Protection
- A-grade impact resistant polycarbonate lenses
- G-15 lens colour, originally designed for the U.S. air force
- Sun glare protection and clarity with no colour distortion
- Safe for colour blind children
- Microfibre case included
- 3 year guarantee
- Accessories available: cords, sports bands and our new semi hard case
Our Guide to buying quality sunglasses
We know that many sunglasses being sold today are extremely harmful to your child’s eyesight. Even some well-known brands. With 70 years experience in optics here is our complete guide to buying quality children’s sunglasses. Critical points to look for when buying baby – toddler sunglasses. Sunglasses that will protect against harmful UV radiation damage. If you need any help with the information in this PDF file please email us via our contact page.
We are open for business as normal during the COVID19 situation. Note, our warehouse has never been open to the public and we have now limited access to only 2 members of our staff who are following a strict cleaning procedure.
Our latest blog, Not all sunglasses are equal has just been published. Check it out to see why.
Recommended sunglasses cleaning procedure
Due to the COVID19 virus we have received many questions about the best way to clean our sunglasses. Please do not use harsh chemicals, disinfectants or alcohol as some can damage the sunglasses, plus they are harmful to small children. We recommend thoroughly washing the sunglasses with lukewarm soapy water for at least 20 seconds, then rinsing with clean water and drying with a clean cotton or microfibre cloth. This works equally well for your hands or sunglasses at killing COVID19 and health professionals recommend this even over sanitizer.
New at our online shop
New at our online shop. Blades style sports sunglasses for every child in the family even babies. Available in 4 sizes, great colours and impact resistant one piece polycarbonate mirror coated lens.
L to R: IE770SS – Fits 0 to 2 yr, IE770MS – Fits 2 to 5 yr, IE735SSX – Fits 5 to 10 yr, IE735CSX – Fits over 10 yr.
Now available at our online shop, Idol Eyes Australia Gift Cards – from $10 to $110. Idol Eyes Australia Gift Cards are the perfect present for those fussy customers. Let’s face it sunglasses are as individual as people and everyone has their own preferred style and colour. So let your loved ones choose their own sunglasses and make your life simple by buying one of our gift cards.
Gift Cards Buy Now
- People from more than 117 countries per year visit our website, not just to buy the world’s best baby and children’s sunglasses but to also be informed, read our blogs, and generally learn how to protect their kid’s eyes from harmful UV radiation. If it affects children’s eyes and is connected with sunglasses you will see it here first.
- In Australia over 1 million kids protect their eyes from UV related eye diseases with Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses. We know that is great, especially when the total population here in Australia has only recently reached 25 million. Even more kids are protecting their eyes with Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses overseas as we now export world-wide.
- December 2020 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s expo – Sydney Showground Exhibition Centre, Sydney Olympic Park on the 4 – 6 December 2020. Find us on stand: B35. Get your free tickets at: https://ticketing.pbcexpo.com.au/75/sign_up
- January 2021 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s expo – ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour on the 30 – 31 January 2021. Find us on stand: H15. Get your free tickets at: https://www.pbcexpo.com.au/promo/plan-and-go-sydney-icc
- February 2021 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s expo – Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank on the 13 – 14 February 2021. Find us on stand: K29. Get your free tickets at: https://www.pbcexpo.com.au/promo/brisbane-expo
- March 2021 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s expo – The Melbourne Exhibition Centre, South Wharf on the 13 – 14 March 2021. Find us on stand: G36.
- May 2021 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s expo – Sydney Showground Exhibition Centre, Sydney Olympic Park on the 14 – 16 May 2020. Find us on stand: B35.