WARNING, ATTENTION, WARNUNG, предупреждение, ADVARSEL
Please help save sight. Pass these messages on to family and friends with children.
Congratulations. Your hunt for the world’s best baby / kids sunglasses just ended. Every other brand is just a mere copy of Idol Eyes Australia, the world’s original since 1987. Our great range of styles, the superb quality of our frames and lenses, the highest UV protection, our 3 year guarantee, truly affordable prices, not to mention our 71 years of optical experience means nothing else compares. Please browse through our website, read our blogs or take our Quick quiz on baby / kids sunglasses and we are certain that you will agree.
At Idol Eyes Australia, we specialize in high quality baby, toddler and children’s sunglasses designed specifically to save sight from harmful UV radiation. We made the world’s first baby sunglasses in 1987. Followed that with Baby Wrapz – the first rubber framed sunglasses with a headband for babies. Then our world-famous Baby Wrapz 2 – the first convertible or interchangeable baby sunglasses that actually grows with your baby and includes both headbands and temples (arms). Our rubber frames are super comfortable and virtually unbreakable and we only use A-grade impact resistant (PC) polycarbonate lenses with 100% UV protection. We also have many other world firsts, like our new Premy Wrapz – the world’s first premature or preemie baby sunglasses and our legendary 3-year guarantee.
Most visitors to our website know of us for our high quality baby sunglasses but we also have a huge range of high quality kids sunglasses. In fact we have sunglasses to fit from premature baby up to late teens. Our online shop has more than 200 unique and individually different sunglasses, consisting of different models, sizes, colours and lens variations from our top sellers so you can get the perfect sunglasses for your unique kids.
Take our quick quiz to see if you have enough information to buy the correct sunglasses for your baby or kids.
Why it is so important for babies to wear sunglasses
Are you aware that 1 in 7 adults over 50 years old are classified as legally blind in Australia. Worse still 70% of adults over 65 are legally blind and mainly from UV related eye diseases that are totally preventable, just by wearing good quality sunglasses from birth. Similar statistics occur in other countries. (A person is considered legally blind if they cannot see at six metres what someone with normal vision can see at 60 metres or if their field of vision is less than 20 degrees in diameter).
Today we fully understand how important wearing sunglasses is for babies from birth until 10 years of age. We know that *2% to 5% of UV rays at 320nm reach the retina of children under 9 years, while none of these more dangerous UV rays reach the retina of older age groups. We known that babies are born with a limited number of chromophores in their eyes compared to adults. The chromophore is a part of the molecule that helps absorb harmful UV radiation. They prevent these UV rays from damaging the cornea, crystalline lens and the retina, which in turn helps prevent eye diseases such as cataracts, pterygium, actinic & droplet keratites, pinguecula and macular degeneration. So wearing good quality sunglasses from birth is vital. *To find out more, please read our blog, How UV rays damage young eyes.
Idol Eyes Australia is truly committed to children’s eye-care world-wide.
Idol Eyes Australia is the No. 1 most trusted baby and kids sunglasses brand in the world, so we make this promise to every customer, we will never compromise on quality because we know your child’s eyesight is worth it. Plus, our sunglasses will always be affordable so every child will be properly protected. The cute, trendy, awesome, spectacular or sporty “WOW” factors designed into every pair of Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses is our free bonus to make your kids look great.
We quality test all of our sunglasses
Even before production commences we stress test every part so we will be confident in our 3 year guarantee. We only use materials that will give you value for money. Then we test to all world sunglasses standards.
Would you like to know what other test we do on our sunglasses. Get all the facts in our blog: Our Testing Procedure
Idol Eyes Australia – Sunglasses
- Comply with and exceed the:
- Australian / New Zealand Standard – AS/NZS 1067.1:2016
- European Standard – EN ISO 12312-1:2013+A1:2015
- CE Certification
- USA Standard – ANSI Z80.3-2018
- Korean standard – KC
- Japanese standard – Japan labeling law on sunglasses
- Plus all other countries
- 100% UVA/B/C Protection
- A-grade impact resistant polycarbonate lenses
- G-15 lens colour, originally designed for the U.S. air force
- Sun glare protection and clarity with no colour distortion
- Safe for colour blind children
- Microfibre case included
- 3 year guarantee
- Accessories available: cords, sports bands and our new semi hard case
Our Guide to buying quality sunglasses
We know that many sunglasses being sold today are extremely harmful to your child’s eyesight. Even some well-known brands. With 71 years experience in optics here is our complete guide to buying quality children’s sunglasses. Critical points to look for when buying baby – toddler sunglasses. Sunglasses that will protect against harmful UV radiation damage. If you need any help with the information in this PDF file please email us via our contact page.
Premy Wrapz Donor Fund – helping save premature babies eyesight.
Are you aware that small premature or preemie babies can suffer several serious eye diseases like Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) which is the main reason for children’s vision loss. Idol Eyes Australia fully understands the need to protect the eyes of vulnerable premature babies and made the commitment to invest in moulds to make Premy Wrapz sunnies a reality. (The only company in the world to do so). To further expand on this worthy cause we are now seeking donations that will only be used to reduce the price of our Premy Wrapz sunglasses. This will help save the sight of these small premature or preemie babies. You can make a donation here on our Premy Wrapz page. We thank you on behalf of the recipients for your donation.
Our website mobile App
Did you know our website is available as an App on your mobile device. When browsing our website from a supported mobile device you will see an “Add Idol Eyes Australia” notice (at the bottom of the screen), simply click the “Add” button to install our website App on the home screen of your device. Every page is stored locally on your device and will be available to read instantly, even when you are offline! Saving your download limits. Hint: refresh the pages occasionally so you have the latest information.
Our latest blog, Not all sunglasses are equal has just been published. Check it out to see why.
Recommended sunglasses cleaning procedure
Due to the COVID19 virus we have received many questions about the best way to clean our sunglasses. Please do not use harsh chemicals, disinfectants or alcohol as some can damage the sunglasses, plus they are harmful to small children. We recommend thoroughly washing the sunglasses with lukewarm soapy water for at least 20 seconds, then rinsing with clean water and drying with a clean cotton or microfibre cloth. This works equally well for your hands or sunglasses at killing COVID19 and health professionals recommend this even over sanitizer.
New at our online shop
Now at our online shop. Fantastic, light-weight blade style sports sunglasses for every child in the family, even babies. Available in 4 sizes and a great range of colours. All this and a huge impact resistant one-piece polycarbonate mirror coated lens for the maximum unobstructed view. Designed for those who are at the top of their game.
L to R: IE770SS – Fits 0 to 2 yr, IE770MS – Fits 2 to 5 yr, IE735SSX – Fits 5 to 10 yr, IE735CSX – Fits over 10 yr.
Now available at our online shop, Idol Eyes Australia Gift Cards – from $10 to $110. Idol Eyes Australia Gift Cards are the perfect present for those fussy customers. Let’s face it sunglasses are as individual as people and everyone has their own preferred style and colour. So let your loved ones choose their own sunglasses and make your life simple by buying one of our gift cards.
Gift Cards Buy Now
- People from more than 118 countries per year visit our website, not just to buy the world’s best baby and children’s sunglasses but to also be informed, read our blogs, and generally learn how to protect their kid’s eyes from harmful UV radiation. If it affects children’s eyes and is connected with sunglasses you will see it here first.
- In Australia over 1 million kids protect their eyes from UV related eye diseases with Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses. We know that is great, especially when the total population here in Australia has only recently reached 25 million. Even more kids are protecting their eyes with Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses overseas as we now export world-wide.
- June 2021 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s expo – Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank on the 18 – 20 June 2021. Find us on stand: K29. Get your free tickets at: https://www.pbcexpo.com.au/promo/brisbane-expo
- July 2021 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s expo – ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour on the 10 – 11 July 2021. Find us on stand: H15. Get your free tickets at: https://www.pbcexpo.com.au/promo/sydney-expo-icc
- September 2021 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest spectacle accessories and sunglasses at O=MEGA21 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre on the 2 – 4 September 2021. Find us on stand: H8 (Note: Trade only)
- October 2021 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Baby to Toddler Show – ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour on the 8 – 10 October 2021. Find us on stand: B14
- October 2021 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s expo – The Melbourne Exhibition Centre, South Wharf on the 22 – 24 October 2021. Find us on stand: L26