Welcome to Idol Eyes Australia
This is not your average baby / kids sunglasses online shop. We have been in the optical industry since 1950. Follow this link to read about Idol Eyes Australia. This website is where we share our wealth of optical knowledge. Here you can find all the latest news regarding everything to do with protecting eyes, UV radiation, blue light, etc., as well as information on sunglasses and lenses the good and the bad. So please read the latest WARNINGS (just below) they will save your child’s eyesight and take a look at our blogs, there are many interesting topics to help prevent eye diseases. And yes, you can also buy the world’s best baby and kids sunglasses at our online shop. Enjoy.
WARNING, ATTENTION, 警告, WARNUNG, предупреждение, ADVARSEL
Idol Eyes Australia
At Idol Eyes Australia, we specialize in high quality baby, toddler and children’s sunglasses designed specifically to save sight from harmful UV radiation.
We made the world’s first baby sunglasses in 1987. Followed that with Baby Wrapz – the first rubber framed sunglasses with a headband for babies. Then our world-famous Baby Wrapz 2 – the first convertible or interchangeable baby sunglasses that actually grows with your baby and includes both headbands and temples (arms). Our rubber frames are super comfortable and virtually unbreakable and we only use A-grade impact resistant (PC) polycarbonate lenses with 100% UV protection. We also have many other world firsts, like our new Premy Wrapz – the world’s first premature or preemie baby sunglasses and our legendary 3-year guarantee.
Why it is so important for babies to wear sunglasses
Why do we tell you these things? Because knowledge is power. With the following information you can prevent this from happening to your children.
Are you aware that 1 in 7 adults over 50 years old are classified as legally blind in Australia. Worse still 70% of adults over 65 are legally blind and mainly from UV related eye diseases that are totally preventable, just by wearing good quality sunglasses from birth. Similar statistics occur in other countries. (A person is considered legally blind if they cannot see at six metres what someone with normal vision can see at 60 metres or if their field of vision is less than 20 degrees in diameter).
Today we fully understand how important wearing sunglasses is for babies from birth until 10 years of age. We know that *2% to 5% of UV rays at 320nm reach the retina of children under 9 years, while none of these more dangerous UV rays reach the retina of older age groups.
Also babies are born with a limited number of chromophores in their eyes compared to adults. The chromophore is a part of the molecule that helps absorb harmful UV radiation. They prevent these UV rays from damaging the cornea, crystalline lens and the retina, which in turn helps prevent eye diseases such as cataracts, pterygium, actinic & droplet keratites, pinguecula and macular degeneration. So wearing good quality sunglasses from birth is vital. *To find out more, please read our blog, How UV rays damage young eyes.
Huge range of baby and kids sunglasses
Most visitors to our website know of us for our high quality baby sunglasses but we also have a huge range of high quality kids sunglasses. In fact we have sunglasses to fit from premature baby up to late teens. Our online shop has more than 265 unique and individually different sunglasses, consisting of different models, sizes, colours and lens variations from our top sellers so you can get the perfect sunglasses for your unique kids.
Our motivation is and always has been to help people from losing their sight so we have been making the world’s best baby and kids sunglasses since 1987 at really affordable prices. It is now up to you, do you care as much as us?
Idol Eyes Australia is truly committed to children’s eye-care world-wide.
Idol Eyes Australia is the No. 1 most trusted baby and kids sunglasses brand in the world, so we make this promise to every customer, we will never compromise on quality because we know your child’s eyesight is worth it. Plus, our sunglasses will always be affordable so every child will be properly protected. The cute, trendy, awesome, spectacular or sporty “WOW” factors designed into every pair of Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses is our free bonus to make your kids look great.
Customer’s Question: I know Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses have a 3 year guarantee but company A and company B will even replace the glasses if lost or broken within 12 months so why should I buy Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses? The answer will shock you. Find the answer to this question and others received from our customers in our updated blog: Questions about baby kids sunnies and eyes.
Idol Eyes Australia quality tests all of our sunglasses
Even before production commences we stress test every part so we will be confident in our 3 year guarantee. We only use materials that will give you value for money. Then we test to all world sunglasses standards.
This hammer test shows clearly the difference between our high A-grade lens and what other companies use a low quality B-grade lens or worse. The problem is these low grade lenses don’t just break easily they also “craze” which causes serious eye damage. You can read all about this in our blog. Frames and lens colour whats best and why.
Would you like to know what other test we do on our sunglasses. Get all the facts in this blog: Our Testing Procedure. You will be amazed.
Idol Eyes Australia – Sunglasses
- Comply with and exceed the:
- Australian / New Zealand Standard – AS/NZS 1067.1:2016
- European Standard – EN ISO 12312-1:2013+A1:2015
- CE Certification
- USA Standard – ANSI Z80.3-2018
- Korean standard – KC
- Japanese standard – Japan labeling law on sunglasses
- Plus all other countries
- 100% UVA/B/C Protection
- A-grade impact resistant polycarbonate lenses
- G-15 lens colour, originally designed for the U.S. air force
- Sun glare protection and clarity with no colour distortion
- Safe for colour blind children
- Microfibre case included
- 3 year guarantee
- Accessories available: cords, sports bands and our new semi hard case
Idol Eyes Australia Guide to buying quality sunglasses
We know that many sunglasses being sold today are extremely harmful to your child’s eyesight. Even some well-known brands. With 71 years experience in optics here is our complete guide to buying quality children’s sunglasses. Critical points to look for when buying baby – toddler sunglasses. Sunglasses that will protect against harmful UV radiation damage. If you need any help with the information in this PDF file please email us via our contact page.
Always avoid the following:
If you really care about your child’s eye health please avoid the following. To see the full details read our blogs.
- TAC lenses – plain and polarized. Extremely soft lenses that will scratch and distort vision.
- UV coated lenses. Coatings will scratch off leaving no UV protection.
- UV 400 lenses. Not part of any world sunglasses standard. Normally used on cheap brands.
- CAT#4 lenses. To dark for every day use. (Designed for skiing and must have side-shields)
- All lens colours except (G-15, neutral green). They distort colour and cause problems for colour blind kids.
Premy Wrapz Donor Fund – helping save premature babies eyesight.
Small premature or preemie babies can suffer several serious eye diseases like Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) which is the main cause of children’s vision loss. Idol Eyes Australia fully understands the need to protect the eyes of vulnerable premature babies and made the commitment to invest in moulds to make Premy Wrapz sunnies a reality. (The only company in the world to do so).
To further expand on this worthy cause we are now seeking donations that will only be used to reduce the price of our Premy Wrapz sunglasses. This will help save the sight of these small premature or preemie babies. You can make a donation here on our Premy Wrapz page or at our online shop. We thank you on behalf of the recipients for your donation.
Our website mobile App
When browsing our website from a supported mobile device you will see an “Add Idol Eyes Australia” notice (at the bottom of the screen), simply click the “Add” button to install our website App on the home screen of your device. Every page is stored locally on your device and will be available to read instantly, even when you are offline! Saving your download limits. Hint: refresh the pages occasionally so you have the latest information. Note: We do recommend viewing our website on a desktop computer to get all the additional functions not available on a phone or tablet.
Our latest blog, Not all sunglasses are equal has just been published. Check it out to see why.
Our warehouse has never been opened to the public and since the beginning of the pandemic it has been limited to only two staff members who are following a strict cleaning procedure. To further enhance safety for our customers all orders are placed into a sealed poly-bag before packing.
Recommended sunglasses cleaning procedure
Please do not use harsh chemicals, disinfectants or alcohol as some can damage the sunglasses, plus they are harmful to small children. We recommend thoroughly washing the sunglasses with lukewarm soapy water for at least 20 seconds, then rinsing with clean water and drying with a clean cotton or microfibre cloth. This works equally well for your hands or sunglasses at killing COVID19 and health professionals recommend this even over sanitizer.
New at our online shop
Earn points at our online shop – and Save.
You can now earn points with every purchase at our online shop and use these points to save on your next purchase.
Reward points, Details – how to save:
You must have a registered account. This can be done on the checkout page or on the my account page. For our existing registered customers we have tried to back date the points from your first order. If you think there is a problem please email us at: email@example.com. Sorry, unregistered customers can shop online but we cannot store your points. If you are an unregistered customer who has ordered from our online shop in the past and wish to register please do so. Then let us know via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to add your prior points to your account. Registered accounts will earn 2 points for every dollar spent on products.
Donating your reward points to the Premy Wrapz donation fund
Many customers have asked if they can donate their reward points to the “Premy Wrapz donation fund“. This will help save the sight of these small premature or preemie babies. Simply by completing the donate my points form on the Premy Wrapz page. Or email us at email@example.com with your registered user name and how many points you wish to donate. Unregistered guest customers can also donate their points. We thank you on behalf of the recipients for your donation.
New classic metal sunglasses. For babies to teens. Now at our online shop.
Now at our online shop. Fantastic, light-weight blade style sports sunglasses for every child in the family, even babies. Available in 4 sizes and a great range of colours. All this and a huge impact resistant one-piece polycarbonate mirror coated lens for the maximum unobstructed view. Designed for those who are at the top of their game.
L to R: IE770SS – Fits 0 to 2 yr, IE770MS – Fits 2 to 5 yr, IE735SSX – Fits 5 to 10 yr, IE735CSX – Fits over 10 yr.
Now available at our online shop, Idol Eyes Australia Gift Cards – from $10 to $500. Idol Eyes Australia Gift Cards are the perfect present for those fussy customers. Let’s face it sunglasses are as individual as people and everyone has their own preferred style and colour. So let your loved ones choose their own sunglasses and make your life simple by buying one of our gift cards.
Gift Cards Buy Now
- How we measure our success. We know that selling one pair of sunglasses will help protect little eyes. But to truly protect eyes a child will need at least 3 or 4 pair as they grow from 0 to late teens. So true success is achieving repeat business (meaning a customer is confident and happy with our products). Over 78% of Idol Eyes Australia customers return to buy a second pair or more.
- Visitors, customers and our competitors from more than 125 countries per year visit our website, not just to buy the world’s best baby and children’s sunglasses but to also be informed, read our blogs, and generally learn how to protect their kid’s eyes from harmful UV radiation. If it affects children’s eyes and is connected with sunglasses you will see it here first.
- In Australia over 1.2 million kids protect their eyes from UV related eye diseases with Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses. We know that is great, especially when the total population here in Australia has only recently reached 25 million. Even more kids are protecting their eyes with Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses overseas as we now export world-wide.
Sadly due to COVID19 restrictions all expos planed for this remaining year have been postponed to 2022.
In the mean time you can place your orders at our online shop for this summer and receive the world’s best baby and kids sunglasses.
- 5-6 February 2022 – Pregnancy Babies & Children’s Expo, ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour. Get your free tickets. See us on stand: I09
- 26-27 February 2022 – Pregnancy Babies & Children’s Expo, The Melbourne Exhibition Centre, South Wharf. See us on stand: H15.
- 19-20 March 2022 – Pregnancy Babies & Children’s Expo, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank. See us on stand: A04
- 27-29 May 2022 – Pregnancy Babies & Children’s Expo, Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park. See us on stand: G32
- 3-4 September 2022 – Pregnancy Babies & Children’s Expo, Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park. See us on stand: D22
- 15-16 October 2022 – Pregnancy Babies & Children’s Expo, The Melbourne Exhibition Centre, South Wharf. See us on stand: G17
- 5-6 November 2022 – Pregnancy Babies & Children’s Expo, EPIC, Exhibition Park. See us on stand: B24
- 29-27 November 2022 – Pregnancy Babies & Children’s Expo, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank. See us on stand: A10