At Idol Eyes Australia, we specialize in babies and children’s sunglasses. We made the world’s first baby sunglasses in 1987. Followed that with Baby Wrapz the first rubber framed sunglasses with a headband for babies. Then our world-famous Baby Wrapz 2 the first convertible baby sunglasses with headbands and temples (arms). Our rubber frames are super comfortable and virtually unbreakable and we only use A-grade impact resistant (PC) polycarbonate lenses with 100% UV protection. We also have many other world firsts, like our new Premy Wrapz – the world’s first premature or preemie baby sunglasses and our legendary 3-year guarantee.
Why it is important for babies to wear sunglasses
Today we fully understand how important wearing sunglasses is for babies from birth until 5 years of age. We known that babies are born without chromophores in their eyes. Chromophores are very special cells that develop with age and help absorb harmful UV light. They prevent these UV rays from reaching the cornea, aqueous humor and the crystalline lens, which in turn helps prevent eye diseases such as cataracts, pterygium, actinic & droplet keratites, pinguecula and macular degeneration. By the time babies are 5 years old they will have about 80% of these chromophores. This will then offer some benefit in protecting against those nasty eye diseases. The remaining 20% of the chromophores do not finish growing until approximately 30 years of age so wearing good quality sunglasses from birth is vital.
Idol Eyes Australia is truly committed to children’s eye-care
We quality test all of our sunglasses
Even before production commences we stress test every part so we can be confident in our 3 year guarantee. We only use materials that will give you value for money. Then we test to all world sunglasses standards. Our promise to every customer, we will never compromise on quality because we know your child’s eyesight is worth it.
Idol Eyes Australia Sunglasses
- Comply with:
- Australian / New Zealand Standard – AS/NZS 1067.1:2016
- European Standard – EN ISO 12312-1:2013+A1:2015
- USA Standard – ANSI Z80.3:2015
- Korean standard – KC
- Japanese standard – Japan labeling law on sunglasses
- Plus all other countries
- 100% UVA/B/C Protection
- A-grade impact resistant polycarbonate lenses
- G-15 lens colour, originally designed for the U.S. air force
- Sun glare protection and clarity with no colour distortion
- Safe for colour blind children
- Microfibre case included
- 3 year guarantee
- Accessories available: cords, sports bands and our new semi hard case
Our Guide to buying quality sunglasses
We know that some sunglasses being sold today are extremely harmful to your child’s eyesight. Even some well-known brands. With 68 years experience in optics here is our complete guide to buying quality children’s sunglasses. Sunglasses that will protect against harmful UV light damage. If you need any help with the information in this PDF file please email us. Critical points to look for when buying baby – toddler sunglasses
New, available from our online shop – International post delivery with tracking for a flat fee of only A$20.00 to the following countries: Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Samoa, American Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna. Delivery approx. 6 – 10 days. Please note: Idol Eyes Australia is not responsible for incoming import or duty costs at the destination country.
Interesting fact – In Australia over 1 million kids protect their eyes from UV related eye diseases with Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses. We know that is great, especially when the total population here in Australia has only recently reached 25 million. Even more kids are protecting their eyes with Idol Eyes Australia sunglasses overseas as we now export to more than 65 countries.
January 2019 – Trade only event – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at CBME – Turkey – Istanbul CNR Expo Center on the 9 – 12 January, 2019. Find us in Hall: 4. Details at: https://www.cbmeturkey.com
February 2019 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s expo – Melbourne Exhibition Centre, South Wharf on the 23 – 24 February, 2019. Find us on stand: G26. Get your free tickets at: http://www.pbcexpo.com.au/melbourne-special
May 2019 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s expo – Sydney Showground Exhibition Centre, Sydney Olympic Park on the 17 – 19 May, 2019.
June 2019 – Idol Eyes Australia will be exhibiting our latest models at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s expo – Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank on the 28 – 30 June, 2019.